Entry 8: Recorded on July 7th
There were lots of wonderfully cool things that happened on my Birthright trip, but it was such a whirlwind that I wasn’t able to chronicle it all. Some highlights: Masada—I think that there is a new play for me to write here; the time in Jerusalem when four strong men and myself moved a car with our bare hands because it was illegally parked and our tour bus needed to get through to the hotel—such is the Israeli traffic scene; when I was floating in the Dead Sea I could not stop laughing, for the effortless floating filled me with such joy and released some kind of kinesthetic exuberance deep in my body; an evening of Bedouin hospitality (see mp3 player music and pictures); when I went through the tunnels of the Western Wall (the Kotel) and got as close as humanly possible to the Holy of Holies, there I sang the Shema, up against the dividing wall, and I swear there was some kind of supernatural reverberation (I will write a whole entry on this); attending Yom Tov Glazer’s hip, pre Shabbat concert, he’s a Hassidic Jew into supreme sports and such (check out the mp3).
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment