Entry 3: Saturday, June 21st 4:15am
As I’m sorting through my packing items (yes, it’s the early hours of the morning, the morning of the day in which I’m suppose to both move out of my apartment and travel to NYC for my Israel flight), I muster every ounce of discipline and willpower to achieve my goal—keep sight of what’s essential and pack only that which I truly need…so difficult for me, an individual who likes to have EVERYTHING at her disposal, who likes to be prepared for any and all situations. I turn my attention to my business supplies: pens, pencils, index cards, business cards (from Kinkos!), scotch tape, etc. splayed on my desk, and I reach for my standard calendar which I deem as too large to pack for this trip. This is no ordinary calendar, it’s a Taoist calendar—a calendar that my parents gave me for Chanukah, filled with wonderful quotes from Taoist philosophers. My life, though hectic, has been unscheduled these past two weeks, so, curious, I turn to the first section in July to see what is written for this month. The July 1st proverb reads:
“How much does a person lack himself,
who feels the need to have so many things.”
How perfect. ‘Nough said.
****
P.S.: The following I added on July 1st—
I did a fabulous job packing. I have just what I need, nothing more and nothing less. And I can maneuver my luggage with ease. Though I did forget my fish oil pills.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment