It’s June 20th 1:28am, you leave for Israel in 84 hours. Do you know where your suitcase is? Nope. Maybe its under the pile of new clothes, which demands that you make what Hillary might call some tough decisions. What to take, what to leave? And yet, I want to be prepared for anything!
And so I need business cards. Business cards with my new blog address. Maybe I’ll toss them from the rooftop of Nimrod’s Castle.
So after an audition today, which went smashingly at the Loeb Drama Center in Harvard Square, where I got to dance like a Plebian warrior, I stopped by the Kinkos to inquire about self-designed business cards. The man attending me was super helpful…he gave me his input regarding the cardstock color, the appropriate document file, the pricing; anything I asked, he would say “No problem.” It was so effortless interacting with him. I’d say, “How late are you open,” and he’d respond “24 hours.” I’d say, "When can you have this done by," and he’d say “24 hours.” And I’d say “24 hours! But I need it during the day tomorrow!” And he’d say "Well, when it’s slow like now, I can have it for you in 30 minutes.” ‘Ask and you shall receive,’ am I right?
My backpack was on the counter standing between me and his left shoulder, and after I finished rummaging in my pack for a pen, I looked up and came face to face with his nametag. It read ISRAEL. Just like that, in big, capital letters. I shrieked, “Your name is Israel?!!!” He nodded. I continued, “I’m going to Israel in two days, these cards are for Israel, everything I’ve been doing for the past week has been in preparation for Israel.” And he smiled and I introduced myself and we shook hands, ISRAEL and me.
I hope he works tomorrow because when I go to pick up my business cards (with my new blog address at the bottom!), I’m going to take a picture of ISRAEL, and you’ll see for yourself. Got Beshert? You bet, in bulk.

6 comments:
Best send off everrrrrrrr.
Hi Gabrielle ... I hope you're having a wonderful time in Israel. Enjoy!
Yay! I can comment!
Much mazal on your journey!
--- Elisheva
P.S. Keep writing when you can! we're dying to hear progress. and by we i mean my multiple personalities.
Keep writing, darling!
We're all going to be watching your blog like (friendly and supportive) hawks!
Mmmm, shwarma. So jealous!
--- Elisheva
You're moderating your comments! How delightfully suspenseful!
Hehe. It does weed out hostile people, but it can ALSO cause people to forget they commented, and comment many many times. Quite comical, really.
--- Elisheva
Hi Gaabrielle, Just testing to see if you receive this note.
All is well here. Miss you and hope you are doing very well.
Love Eliza
Post a Comment